As Dak Prescott prepares for his first full training camp as the lead guy in Dallas, the star quarterback is generating some hype in NFC circles. Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman posted his weekly 10-point stance earlier today. There was one interesting tidbit pertaining to the reigning NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.
One NFC scout, according to Freeman, believes Dak Prescott will take home MVP honors this season. Yes, over the great Tom Brady and the Packers’ Aaron Rodgers.
2. Scout: Dak Prescott will win MVP over Aaron Rodgers
From an NFC scout: “This will be a tight MVP race. I think Prescott wins a close one.”
Sounds unlikely. Probably is. But this scout has nailed a lot of these MVP races before.
His MVP rankings:
1. Prescott: “I can see him getting literally twice as good as he was last season. [He] still has that great offensive line.”
2. Aaron Rodgers: “Will probably win it. I know. Or [Tom] Brady. Prescott just impresses me.”
3. Tom Brady: “Insane to put him third, but I think voters will just get tired of him winning and want to give it to someone else.”
4. Matt Ryan: “Always puts up big numbers.”
5. Russell Wilson: “Big-time sleeper candidate.”
That is high praise coming from a scout within the same conference that Dak and the Cowboysplay in. How likely is Dak winning the NFL’s Most Valuable Player award, though?