Business blogs are often perfunctory, boring, self-serving, utterly useless, jargon-choked word dumps.
With that said, you should be blogging—just more strategically. Websitebuilder has an infographic to help you whip a saggy blog into shape.
[RELATED: Weave storytelling into every corporate communication, and craft copy that captures your brand voice.]
Here are ideas, insights and statistics to turn your overlooked outpost into a happening hotspot:
- Seventy-seven percent of internet users read blogs.
- Internet users in the U.S. spend triple the amount of time on blogs as on email.
- Companies that blog receive 97 percent more links to their website.
- Eighty-six percent of B2B companies are blogging.
- Half of the top 200 Fortune 500 companies have a corporate blog.
- Companies that blog generate 55 percent more website visitors.
- Seventy percent of consumers learn about a company through articles rather than ads.
- People read around 10 blog posts per day, but many read each post for 15 seconds or less.
- Forty-five percent of marketers say blogging is the most important component of their content strategy.
- Headlines from eight to 12 words get the most shares on Twitter.
- According to the infographic, the ideal blog post title is 60 characters.
- Use H2 tags for sub-headers—not H1 tags.
- Blog posts with images get 94 percent more views than text-only articles.
- Use one image for every 350 words.
- Pay special attention to spicy headlines and alluring leads that draw people into your post.
- Provide a clear, concise call to action.
- Longer, more in-depth posts can boost SEO and shares, but focus on quality over word count.
- Mondays are often the best day to post, and most blogs get much more traffic in the morning.
- Always have someone edit your work, and check analytics regularly to determine which posts are resonating.
- Ask your audience for ideas about the sorts of content they’d like to see.
Reviving a blog is a slog, but it’s well worth the effort. Review the infographic below for guidance on achieving blogging success.